- 1 12-ounce box pasta (spaghetti or fettuccini is best)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 large shallot (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Juice from 1 lemon
- One 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Grated Parmesan for serving
Bring large pot of water to a boil (and cook pasta according to package directions).
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat the butter and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until the shallot is tender (stirring constantly).
Add the white wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add artichokes, capers, lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Continue to stir until the artichokes are well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to a low simmer to thicken the mixture (slightly).
Setting some of the pasta water aside, drain the cooked pasta and add back to the pot. Add the artichoke mixture, parsley and remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss to combine. If the pasta is still feeling dry, add a bit of pasta water and toss.
Serve with grated Parmesan and additional parsley.